Tuesday, June 02, 2015

The Willow Square

Diagram of the Willow square


I've been obsessed with the Willow crocheted square for a many years. It's lacy and interesting to crochet. If it's crocheted with thread or light-weight yarn it is oh so dainty. If you use a heavier yarn, it's sturdy but antique-y looking. I've used this square in sweaters, scarves, purses and afghans. I became aware of this square in 2007 when Cecily Keim published her "Larger Than Life Bag" in Interweave Crochet Magazine. I made a smaller version of this bag and fell in love with the square.

Beth's Koigu Willow Scarf

Sarah's Pink "Willow be my Valentine" Swap Scarf

Larger Than Life Tote Bag

Ellen's Sanguine Gryphon Slipover

The Willow square is lovely in different colors for every round, but notice how BEAUTIFUL it is when crocheted in a solid color!

Suzanneknitter Wedding Afghan via Ravelry

Recently, I decided to try and use up the blue and green acrylic, worsted weight yarn in my stash. My Mom LOVES blue. Her whole apartment is blue and white. I'm working on a Willow Square afghan for her place. I probably won't finish this until holiday time, but so far, I'm loving it!
RozGhan - Work in Progress



Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:33 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Spectacular! Clad in our suits, we arrived at the wedding venues for the wedding and enjoyed every minute as we warmed ourselves in the comfort of good friends and joyful Holiday cheer. This truly is a magical place for a special evening.

 
At 9:48 AM PDT, Anonymous Linda said...

This is beautiful, thank you for sharing! My youngest daughter is named Willow and I think I’ll begin one of these for her!

Have a wonderful day.

 
At 5:54 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have written instructions?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery