Click on shawl title for pattern link.
|Ana Petrova's "Hug Me Now" Shawl. I just proofread this pattern and will be knitting it soon!|
Yes, I know it will be 99 degrees in parts of Los Angeles today. However, out in Santa Monica where I work it's only 77 today! The evenings have been getting cooler, thankfully! It must be shawl season.
|"Lady Mary's Lace"|
Why are there so many shawl patterns on Ravelry? Why are all of my friends knitting and/or crocheting shawls constantly? There are many reasons. Here are a few:
1. Shawls always fit. You don't have to worry about tight upper arms or button/bust-stretch.
2. Shawls are perfect to keep off the chill when the seasons change.
3. Shawls are nice cover-ups on an airplane instead of those questionable airline blankets.
4. You can wear a sleeveless sun dress or top and cover up your arms (or other body parts)
5. Shawls are perfect for air-conditioned places.
6. You can make a shawl for a friend and not worry about the fit.
7. There are so many great shapes for shawls: Triangle, rectangle, circle, half-circle
8. They can be worn like a big scarf.
9. If you wear mostly neutral-colored clothing, a bright shawl can spark up your outfit.
10. When you are not wearing your shawl, you can drape it across the back of a chair and decorate the room.
|"Cascading Stylish Shawl"|
Conclusion: You can never have too many shawls!
|"Teeter Totter Shawl"|