Wednesday, March 01, 2017

The Mardi Party is Over

Last night was the finale to our Mardi Gras celebrations for 2017! The Fat Tuesday party at the Original Farmers Market is always one of our favorites. We've never been to New Orleans during Mardi Gras, but I fear I may be too old for THAT celebration! 
Eddie Baytos and his band performed at the west end of the Market. There were decorations, people had on fantastic masks, costumes and hats! Everyone was singing and dancing! It wasn't too cold. The beer was flowing and everyone, including strangers, were friendly and passing a grand time.
Eddie's band is terrific! This year, Mark Pender, the trumpet player from Conan O'Brien's band joined the festivities!
Mark Pender. Photo by Gus Hudson


I'm always fascinated by everyone's hats, especially this one from Senegal on my new friend, Karen!
Karen's Hat. I'm definitely crocheting a version of THIS hat!
We're best friends now!
A knitted, felted, striped FEZ!
We saw so many old friends last night too. It's always great getting together with my music buddies. I didn't get EVERYONE'S photo, but Larry probably did!
Chrissa and Steve
Natalie and Robbie
Gus and Mr. Larry
Josefina
This was the 28th year of the Mardi Gras celebration at the Market. I cannot believe that I've been attending that long....even BEFORE I met Larry!
Our official 2017 Mardi Gras Photo

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM PST, Blogger Gretchen said...

What fun! However, I am telling you that you are NOT too old to celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans....I had an octogenarian pulling me by the hand to run down the block after a float to get a "Muses" shoe throw! Mardi Gras in New Orleans is for everyone, young and old. Let us know when you and Mr Larry can make it :)

 
At 4:21 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Well, thanks for the info, Gretchen! WHo knows? One day we may just make it to NOLA for the season!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery