Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Prismatic Grid Shawlette


I knit and crochet SO MANY shawls and sweaters, that after awhile, I lose track. When you post a project on Ravelry, you're supposed to name it. I just couldn't come up with a name for this granny shawl, so I asked Larry to help me. Larry was an art major.
I used a very large crochet hook, size "N." The Gina/Plymouth variegated yarn is quite thin. This makes for a very lacy square.

When I began this piece I was going to make a long scarf, two squares wide. I'd connected about 20 squares. It was at this point that I decided to make a triangle. Using this step-ladder technique of joining is not your usual triangle construction, but after I finished, I liked it! I crocheted 2 rows of single crochet in a ripple-like method, adding picots at the points.


I'm quite pleased with how this shawlette turned out! Granny squares are the building blocks to fashion!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery