Friday, December 13, 2019

The Ostrich Farm

Cawston Ostrich Farm, South Pasadena, CA 1921
I found a photo in my Grandma Ethel's album that I just love. From left to right, Grandma Ethel, Uncle Mort, Baby George (my Dad, looking cranky), and Grandpa Lawrence.
It seems that Cawston Ostrich Farm was quite a tourist destination. You can read about it here. I was researching it on the web and found a Flickr photo of this lady's family at the Ostrich Farm too. THEN, I came across this page
Here are some more great vintage photos of the farm:

I've heard that this original building at the Ostrich Farm has been turned into loft condos! I wonder if there are any old feathers in the rafters?


Have a wonderful weekend! Too bad we all can't meet at the Ostrich Farm for a picnic!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery