Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Crowded House

The dining room table reached into the living room!
We had about 20 people for Chanukah Dinner last Thursday! Yikes! Our little house could barely handle it. Luckily, my aunties, cousins and Mom helped with the food. We set up two tables from the dining room leading way into the living room (see photo above). One thing about 20 people crammed into two rooms.....they are forced to talk to each other! I took photos before everyone arrived, so our little house still looks pristine.
Happy New Year! My resolutions: To get rid of all of those fattening leftovers in our refrigerator; keep the house as clean and neat as it is now; try to limit my yarn consumption; finish what I start; think before I speak! All the best for 2006!

The latkes (potato pancakes) were yummy!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:30 PM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Hey, we have the same range...funny.

I hope your new year is filled with laughter, love, good cheer and tons of creative energy!

 
At 8:48 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your latkes look so delicious!

 
At 10:45 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Shout out to Gwen! Hey There! Thanks for the compliments on the latkes. I can't take the credit. My best friend, Joe made them. You know Joe...he's in the import grocery business...he has lots of stores across the U.S. Some people call him Trader Joe! Uh Oh! My secret is out! Try the latkes in the blue box at T.J.'s, they're terrific!!!

 
At 11:29 AM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

HAH!! I was just sittin' here, thinking how much I would like to have sampled your latkes!!! Guess I'm gonna hit TJ's on the way home.

Your house is really beautiful. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

 
At 3:25 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, that looks lovely, and I like your list for 2006!

I am so sorry that I missed you last week at snb -- I had your orange scarf with me! I think I may need to just mail it to you, even though I am a terrible mailer LOL. Better in 2006! That is my motto anyway.

Hope to see you soon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery