Our hero, Crazy Aunt Purl put an 'internets' quiz on her blog and challenged all to answer it. Two weeks later, I've decided to take the challenge. Feel free to answer back and take this challenge yourself!
Ten Random things you might not know about me:
1. I'm addicted to reading the L.A. Times EVERY SINGLE DAY.
2. I secretly don't like SOME of my relatives.
3. I'm a classic country & western music fan.
4. I've lost my enthusiasm for cooking, but sadly, not for eating.
5. I snore when I sleep on my back...sorry, Mr. Larry.
6. I won a twist contest (it's a dance, youngsters) in the fourth grade.
7. I used to stay out until 2 or 3 am DURING THE WEEK during my rock 'n roll years, while holding down a traditional job.
8. I still like those Jack in the Box tacos, even though they're really greasy.
9. I'm a 'star in my car.' I sing to the radio...two shows a day...to and from work.
10. I have this Frankenstein scar on my right shin from an operation when I was 12.
NINE places I've visited:
4. New York
5. New Orleans and other towns in Louisiana (several times)
6. Lots of towns in Texas
7. Bakersfield (my most recent vacation spot)
EIGHT ways to win my heart:
1. Buy me lunch at a cool, out-of-the-way and lesser-known place in LA
2. Talk to me about how much and why you love LA
3. Preserve a beautiful, historic building in LA
4. Gift me with yarn.
5. Knit or crochet me something unusual.
6. See's candy.
7. Compliment my appearance. Flattery works.
8. Design my backyard, free of cost.
SEVEN things I want to do before I die:
1. Live in a huge Hancock Park mansion
2. See Loretta Lynn and Dolly Parton perform before they die. I've seen George Jones, Buck Owens and Merle Haggard.
3. Be able to afford to retire from my everyday job.
4. Paint the great American masterpiece
5. Knit and/or crochet the great American masterpiece.
6. Lose 100 pounds.
7. Travel with Larry.
SIX things I'm afraid of:
1. Having no heirs to take care of us when we get really old.
2. Being buried by my 'collections' of stuff.
3. Being locked out of the house in my jammies.
4. Scary neighborhoods in the middle of the night.
5. Not having that earthquake preparedness kit ready for the big one.
6. My hair falling out.
FIVE things I don't like:
1. Phoney people.
2. A man who wears a toupee.
3. Singers in the public eye that cannot sing.
4. Chocolate paired with any fruit flavor.
FOUR ways to turn me off:
1. Ignoring me.
2. Leaving a mess in the living room. It's OK to be messy in other rooms, 'cause you can close the door.
3. Telling me a lie.
4. Interrupting me when I speak.
THREE things I do everyday:
1. Brush my teeth.
2. Say 'I love you' to Larry.
3. Knit and/or crochet.
TWO things that make me happy:
ONE thing on my mind right now:
1. Trying to figure out a pattern for this shrug/vest that I saw on this girl at work.
Labels: Los Angeles