Thursday, January 05, 2006

Turkey Lurkey Loves the Yarn Candy

I picked up this most beautiful ball of "Code Pink" Kid Merino Mohair (Crystal Palace Yarns) last week. It's so yummy....like peppermint fluff! Turkey Lurkey, courtesy of the skilled crochet hook of Lady Linoleum, just loves this new toy!
There are 240 yards in this ball of candy. I have no idea what to knit or crochet with it. It's so gorgeous, I may just display it on the coffee table for awhile.
Any ideas on what I should create with this magnificent ball of delectable yarn? I look forward to your suggestions.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:29 PM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Laceweight? A delicate shawl would be just spectacular!

 
At 10:26 AM PST, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

I agree with Regina, I can picture it as a shawl! Oh, but imagine what a soft scarf it would make!

 
At 11:04 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hmmm... I like both of your ideas, Wise Wizards of Crochet. I only have one skein, so a scarf may just be the ticket. Maybe one of those wicked little capelets that Lady Lino has been making lately would be good? I'm still doing research. For now, the ball of peppermint fluff looks grand on the coffee table!

 
At 7:54 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think "Kid Merino" makes a great nom de plume!

Beth

 
At 8:58 PM PST, Blogger WineGrrl said...

Something pretty and lacy...by the way, where is Turkey Lurkey's head?

;-D

 
At 10:46 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Denise!
Turkey Lurkey's head is gone....Lady Linoleum is the designer....she creates rather off-beat characters. You can view some of them on her website www.monstercrochet.com. Her latest piece is a spectacular jellyfish made with Koigu wool!!!

 
At 1:49 PM PST, Blogger WineGrrl said...

I'm not Denise; I'm Andree. Is she a Winegrrl, too? Maybe we could start a club....lol! ;-D

 
At 5:56 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Oooh...sorry Andree! I keep getting all of your net-names mixed up!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery