Monday, March 05, 2007

Magritte @ LACMA

Saturday was our 15th anniversary. Thanks to everyone for their good wishes! Larry and I decided to go to the L.A. County Art Museum to see the ending Magritte Exhibit. It was a huge display of his work along with artists' work that had been inspired by Magritte. Extremely surreal.
The interior of the exhibit was marvelous. We walked on carpet painted like the sky and looked up to see photo murals of the freeway!
The night before we dined at Monsieur Marcel at the Farmers Market for a pre-anniversary dinner. It was delicious, atmospheric and wonderful. Yes, I know we spend half our lives at the Original Farmers Market, but that's who we are!

Larry and Ellen @ LACMA 3-3-07

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 12:48 PM PST, Blogger jillian said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I would enjoy that exhibit - thanks for the tip! And, yum, Monsieur Marcel!

 
At 1:15 PM PST, Blogger Sachi said...

Color me jealous. Very, very jealous.

 
At 1:48 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Magritte! I need to go check that exhibit out right away!

 
At 3:21 PM PST, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

when i grow up, i want to be married like you and mr. larry are married.

 
At 5:16 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Me too! I mean, I'm married, but not like you guys are. You have WAY more fun!

 
At 8:37 PM PST, Blogger mj said...

I missed it! The exhibit, I mean. I kept thinking I should go and it passed me by. Damn. It looked faboo.

Of course, I'll teach you the bargello knitting. If you want, bring a skein of hand dyed yarn on Thursday and we'll go through it.

Happy Anniversary!!!

 
At 11:19 AM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Oh la la, what a wonderful day!

 
At 11:46 AM PDT, Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

Damn! If I'd known there was going to be a Magritte exhibit in LaLa Town I would have insisted we move Tequilacon south. You may have missed the party in Portland, but I am envious of you, now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery