Friday, February 23, 2007

Stitches West - Day 2

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Half of Ellen's Side-by-Side Teddy Jacket

Today was a full-on class day for me at Stitches West in Santa Clara. My all-day class was called "Side-to-Side Jacket" taught by Judy Ditmore. I learned a lot of good knitting tips and tricks in this class. The jacket is constructed from cuff to cuff. Below is one of my fellow-knitters, Jennifer, modeling one of the sample jackets. We made small teddy bear jackets so we could complete the pattern in order to understand it before beginning a larger jacket for ourselves. I used super bulky yarn. I finished half of the sweater and about one-third of the other half. This was an interesting lesson in construction. I will definitely make one of these for me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sample Side-to-Side Jacket

We had a two hour lunch break so we could go into the Market Place and BUY MORE YARN. I'm happy to say that I resisted the yarn, but bought a really nice leather and silver purse handle made for a knitted or crocheted hobo-style bag. I met up with a few of the L.A. SnB'rs, including Madge, Jillian, Annette, Carolyn, Mary and more. After our afternoon class session, we met up again in the Hyatt bar for snack and drinks.....my favorite part of the day!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
L.A. Bloggers
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Far Out Freeform

Tonight there was a fashion show of designs for yarn manufacturers, magazines and books. There were some standout designs, including a darling crocheted tank top by our own Crochet Dude, Drew Emborsky! The model was too speedy for me to get a photo of this great top, but you'll be able to see it soon as part of Vickie Howell's yarn collection called "Love." Way to go, Dude!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Noro, Knitted and Crocheted
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the fashion show we had dinner and there were door prizes. I didn't win anything, but I had a very nice time sitting with a group from the Bay Area.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
More classes tomorrow! I'm exhausted. Good night!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:33 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got into town an hour ago; CANNOT wait!

 
At 8:09 PM PST, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Ellen, it looks like you are having a great time. Thank you for the little glimpse of what it's like! Maybe next year....

Happy Knitting!

 
At 9:03 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad you got to see my work on the runway. It looks like you are having such a great time! Woo hoo!

 
At 12:34 AM PST, Blogger mehitabel said...

It was a great time and it was fun meeting you "in person" after reading your blog! I am finally home (midnight Monday!) and won't be blogging about it till tomorrow thanks to a dead laptop. Lots of new "collectibles" added too!

 
At 10:08 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery