Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mardi Gras Prep

Flower Headband in Progress

This weekend is the Mardi Gras celebration at the Original Farmers Market (my home away from home). Larry and I have been attending this event for 18 years! Every other year or so I crochet us new hats for the event. We've worn berets, crowns, bucket hats, tiaras, etc. all in the colors of New Orleans: Purple, Green and Gold.
Mardi Gras - 2004

I just didn't get around to making a hat for Larry this year. He'll just have to wear last year's crown. I am, however working on a Mardi Gras headband for my ensemble. I like headbands, ever since Regina challenged me to make one from a vintage pattern....I've made several. I found this great blazer last November at the mall in a wild print with a background color of cornflower yellow, along with purple, light olive green and a touch of light orange. It's great looking and I'll be wearing it with the obligatory beads and other purple accessories.
Mardi Crown 2005 & 2006

Come on down and join us Saturday and Sunday. We're gonna pass a fine time y'all!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:18 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

That's a pretty fabulous crown Mr. Larry *has* to wear. I wouldn't complain. And I'm looking forward to the picumentary.

 
At 7:58 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a REALLY fabulous crown... That's what I need, a crown! (Um, where does one find a crocheted crown pattern?!)

 
At 11:06 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Oh yeah...the crown. I made it awhile ago. Basically, I invented the pattern, using my knowledge of hat crocheting. I started at the center top with a bonbon, then added stitches to make the puffy part,crocheting in the round. Once the hat was large enough, I stopped increasing and crocheted the border. Later, I added the gold pointy section with a granny stitch that I'd learned. It was great fun!

 
At 9:40 PM PST, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

AWESOME crown! Queen Molly needs one.

Have a great Mardi Gras!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery