Thursday, February 08, 2007

Fiber Fun

Last night at the Original Farmers Market, during our usual Wednesday night dinner group, Marilyn stopped by. Marilyn is an artist and works on a very successful animated television show. She was wearing this faboo scarf made by one of her students, Jessica Louise. I just love the combination of using a manufactured scarf and appliqueing a unique image on it.
Hmm? Maybe we could utilize this method in our knit and crochet adventures?

Marilyn wearing her Jessica Louise Original

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 5:08 PM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I'm all about the applique. Crocheted meats make very fetching appliques.

 
At 5:09 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ellen!

I really like that darling little character on the pink plaid scarf!
Soooo cute!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 11:45 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

Now you're talking my language!

 
At 4:07 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the idea, Ellen. Maybe felted appliques on the scarves or even sweaters.

 
At 12:03 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual, you come up with the greatest ideas! Either your own, or from your creative friends. I found a purple scarf just like that pink one on the middle of Centinella a few years ago and didn't know what to do with it. Now, I know!

Kim Burk

 
At 9:17 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such and old garment!!! I used hand cut and sew all my scarves and appliques.
Now i can get production on them but will still do custom stuff when i can.
Marilyn is amazing and so talented.
Thanks for nice comments :)
check out my new stuff www.shopjessicalouise.com
xo
Happy new years,
Jessica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery