Tuesday, February 13, 2007

SnB @ Stitches West

Accessories Booth at Stitches West 2006
Yes! I am going to Stitches West again this year. I had a great time last year and I set aside some vacation money so I could afford to go again for the 2007 event.

Besides being an incredible time to learn new and exciting things about knitting, crocheting and yarn, it's a chance for me to get away BY MYSELF and completely immerse myself in my favorite hobby. I love driving up the freeway to Santa Clara BY MYSELF, stopping at any ol' thrift shop or greasy spoon I may see along the way, enjoying the scenery, the weather and listening to my tunes. I'm a free agent. I can come and go as I please. It's heaven. Now, don't get me wrong, I love being part of a duo with Mr. Larry, but sometimes it's just great to be on my own. Larry and I married relatively later in life (late 30's, early 40's), so I was used to being a solo act for many years. Once in awhile, it's nice to relive that lonesome and free life.
This year, I'll be driving up on Wednesday 2/21 and staying overnight in Gilroy, CA. After some research I found the Premium Outlet Malls in Gilroy with many motels in the vicinity. Perfect! Then, on Thursday morning, I'll drive for an hour to my destination, The Santa Clara Convention Center and Hyatt Regency Hotel for the opening day festivities. I just love walking into a hotel lobby, seeing it packed with people knitting and drinking martinis!

I've seen e-mails on the SnB message board about other LA-based SnBr's finding each other at the event. When you check in, the Stitches West people give you a nametag that you're supposed to wear around your neck for the weekend. I'm going to bring my red marker with me and place a large "SnB" in the lower left-hand corner of my name tag. It would be great if others would do the same, then we can easily identify each other! Hope to meet you there!!!

Last Year's Tag

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:33 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop by Casa de Fruta! I always have to stop there when I drive up to see my family. They have a Casa de Wine, Casa de Coffee, even a Casa de Chevron if I remember correctly! It's a fun place to stretch your legs, get some cheese or wine to bring home (or nuts, or fruit, or magnet, or whatever) and just enjoy the fun signs.

 
At 12:37 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I am jealous. I too miss my alone days (32 when we got marred). And I used to loooooooooooove those road trips.

Make sure you have extry fun and tip a toonie for me!

 
At 9:49 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Travel safe, and...see you in Santa Clara!

 
At 7:37 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've got me jonesing for SW! Although I'm going, and it's not so far away. I, too, am going solo. Can't WAIT to do what I want, when I want... sigh...

 
At 8:15 PM PST, Blogger Merna said...

Ellen, I don't know if your a Birkie fan, but the Gilroy outlets have the only Birkenstock outlet I've found. They have other great stores too. Have fun!

 
At 4:30 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Merna,

Yes I am a Birkie fan. I'm a Dansko clog fan too. Thanks for the Gilroy Outlet tip!

Ellen B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery