Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Pineapple Perfection

I'm a sheep. I follow.
After reading Jane's post about the individual pineapple-upside-down cakes, I had to go right out and buy the pan and bake the cakes! Thank you, Sur La Table.

My pineapple cakes and my photos aren't as perfect as Yarnstorm's, but they taste yummy! Mr. Larry has a distaste for maraschino cherries. .....something to do with how they are preserved, so I substituted purple grapes for the center of the pineapple.
One of these days I'll figure out a crocheted version of Jane's Pineapple Tea Cozy to go with my cakes. Jane is a wonder and an inspiration. She's taking a time-out from her blog for now, but you must check out her past posts, especially the knit and crochet items!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:11 PM PST, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I am sooo hungry now. They look delish!

 
At 4:15 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

Excuse me while I wipe up the drool on my keyboard.

 
At 10:35 PM PST, Blogger Tami said...

Those are soooo cute!! (Unfortunately, the last thing I need right now is another specialty shaped cake pan...of course, I'm not averse to receiving baked goods in the mail...)

 
At 11:23 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Ha! Yeah, right, Tami! I could barely muster up the energy to bake 6 little pineapple cakes, let alone bake and mail!!! It's all about the art of the cake, for me. However, they were delicious!

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

 
At 8:26 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omigod I love pineapple upside down...sur la table for the molds and any old recipe?? I'm on it!
Marilyn again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery