Thursday, May 10, 2007

Small Projects

Double Moss Knit Pattern

In-between big knit and crochet projects, I usually pick up a few smaller projects that I can carry around easily and offer instant gratification. Also, when my brain is on overload with the gazillion projects I have in progress, I need to take a breather and work on some washcloths! My friend, Ellene calls these "procrastination projects." She is soooo right.
Double Moss Knit, Diagonal Crochet, Griddle Stitch Crochet
Griddle Stitch Crochet

I find that when I'm halfway through a sweater, afghan or any other large piece, I start to lose interest. Maybe the sweater isn't quite fitting well enough. Maybe this type of yarn isn't working for this style. Maybe this afghan is really boring looking. It takes so long to actually knit or crochet a piece that doubts start creeping in regarding the perfection of that piece during the process. I know that you feel this way too. That's why we all have so many tote-bags sitting around with half-finished work. I am in awe of artists that actually start and finish one project before moving onto the next one.

Ball-Band Knit, Box Stitch Crochet

At least these washcloths will not go to waste. I love to give these as hostess gifts, paired with fancy soap and maybe a rubber ducky! Sometimes I get swanky and label them "spa" cloths.

Shell Crochet, Diagonal Box Crochet, Alternating Post Stitch Crochet

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 12:23 PM PDT, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

This is the best explanation (excuse) for multiple projects going at one time. Mind if I cut and paste?

 
At 12:35 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Molly,
Feel free to cut & paste, as long as I get credit...woe is me!

 
At 1:29 PM PDT, Blogger WineGrrl said...

What lovely warshrags, I mean dishcloths!

I will be stealing your idea for Christmas, by the way.

 
At 3:45 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I currently have five projects in the works, one of which may never see the light of day again. Then, I was sitting there last night watching America's Next Top Model and suddenly got a bug up my butt to knit a hat. So I cast on and worked 2" of ribbing for the brim.

I like your "spa cloths."

 
At 3:56 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Firstly, them's some mighty fine spa cloths!! What is the very first, bright green one? I want to make some hand towels for our new place, but I have a heck of a time finding 100% cotton in colors I like (since I'm not a big fan of the variegated).

 
At 4:08 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

Monkeygurrrrrl....where have you been? We miss you!

To answer your questions, most of the washcloths are Sugar 'n Cream kitchen cotton, available at all chain craft stores for a verrrry resonable price. I can usually get at least 2 dishcloths, 6" x 6" out of one skein.

 
At 4:32 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Your spa cloths make me happy - bright cheery colors!

What lovely gifties they make.

 
At 10:41 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

YOU DO VERY BEAUTIFUL WORK MY FRIEND! LUV IT ALL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery