Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Purple Cardigan

Fuzzy Cardigan in Progress
I've finished the purple wool cardigan....just in time for the hot weather we're having here in L.A. I wore the sweater last week and I must say, it was toasty.
Last Month at the WeHo SnB
Completed Cardigan
I crocheted this top-down cardigan with Paton's wool, size "H" crochet hook. The stitch pattern on the yoke is: Two rows double crochet, two rows crossed-double crochet. The body of the sweater consists of double crochet and front post-double crochet stitches. I'm basically happy with the sweater and the fit. I still may add a large button at the top, or even a few buttons down the button band. I'll take better close-up photos of the actual stitches next week.

Close-up of Collar

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 1:06 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater looks terrific on you. And I love the hint of purple in your lenses.

Tres chic ma cherie!

 
At 2:31 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

You look fabulous in your new cardi! Finishing a wool sweater is a sure fire way to get hot weather in LA :) And you have different colored eyeglass frames! I think I've only seen the red. I once had a pair of purple eyeglasses, and they were far out for Indiana, but I got alot of compliments anyway!

 
At 2:54 PM PDT, Blogger Sara said...

Fabulous, as always!

 
At 3:42 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

I have lots of vintage pattern books from the 50s and early 60s, and you could grace the cover of any of them in your lovely purple cardigan!

And the brooch - oh my yes. Deliciously retro.

 
At 4:09 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

Nice! I love that purple on you. It fits great, and the collar sits perfectly.

 
At 5:14 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

This sweater looks made to order on you. :)

Did you have a photo shoot in your office?

 
At 9:44 PM PDT, Blogger Tami said...

It looks great Ellen! And flattering too.

 
At 9:53 PM PDT, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

The matching glasses, earrings and brooch completed your ensemble. I love a girl in purple!

 
At 6:56 AM PDT, Blogger Abby Hansen said...

Ooooh, pretty!
I'll cross my fingers for some June gloom for you...

 
At 10:36 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, your cardigan is just plain SLAMMIN'! I love that it picks up the purple in your glasses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery