Thursday, May 15, 2008

Stash Enhancement

Hacho Yarn, Sienna/Olive Colorway
I just happened to be at the Stitches From The Heart Store in Santa Monica the other day, speaking with my friend, Brandi. Brandi is quite a yarn enabler. She pointed out two big baskets of Hacho Yarn by Mirasol-Peru. It's a beautiful DK weight twisted sock yarn, 100% merino wool, 137 yards per skein. It's on sale. I managed to snag 16 skeins of the "Sienna/Olive" at a reduced price....even better than the stitcker price, 'cause I paid cash! Brandi threw in one skein for free! There's still lots of it at the store, if you want some. Of course, it's faboo for socks.
Not sure what I'll make with this gorgeous yarn. I have enough for a vest, maybe a cardigan. Shall I knit or crochet? What would you do? Must swatch!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 4:40 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the color of this yarn, Ellen. I'd probably make a lace shawl. I really like sock-weight yarn for shawls.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 6:06 PM PDT, Blogger Zarah said...

I have a few skeins of this too, in the Deep Blue Ocean and Coral Reef colorways. Haven't gotten to work with it yet but I see very cool socks in its future. Total score to get it so on sale! I could totally see the Sienna/Olive as a really basic, short sleeved sweater. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

 
At 8:43 PM PDT, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Love this yarn! The original Flower Power Scarf was created first in Hacho! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

 
At 1:05 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Ooh it's lovely! I would probably make a shawl but I also think it'd make a really nice short sleeved sweater.

 
At 4:19 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

delish! 16 skeins...that's enough to really roll around in!

 
At 10:01 AM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Score!

I think that's the same colorway Mary gave me a while back. Good choice! Hee. I'm thinking fingerless gloves for my skein; for your 16 the sky's the limit!

 
At 2:50 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for all the comments! We love comments here at Casa de Bloom!
I'm still swatchin' with this gorgeous yarn. One day, it's form shall become apparent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery