Monday, September 01, 2008

Sit and Knit

We sit, we knit and of course, we eat!
Sunday I met up with the Knit Grrrrlz and we ventured out to Pasadena to a newish Asian Fusion restaurant called Daisy Mint. It's a very cute place on the eastern stretch of Colorado, near Pasadena City College. I'd read a review of the place on Pat Saperstein's blog, and I usually agree with her taste.
One of the Knit Grrrrlz, Mary Jo, lives close-by, so we decided to meet for lunch then head over to M.J.'s for some serious sitting and knitting!
Daisy Mint was a hit! We had a marvy lunch. See the pics below.


Once we arrived at Mary Jo's lovely house, she gave us a mini-tour....the yarn room was a major attraction. I was so enthralled with that room, that I forgot to take photos! After we all calmed down, we proceeded to sit, knit and snack on yummy cupcakes that Natalie brought from Crumbs Bakeshop in Larchmont Village and also some MORE snacks that Mary Jo served. All in all, it was a perfect day!

Mary Jo is knitting socks
Carla is knitting a diagonal scarf
Natalie is crocheting a baby star afghan
Brit is crocheting a winter hat

Lori is knitting a sweater for an Afghan Refugee

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:19 AM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Sounds like a great day to me! But I have to admit, the words "yarn room" kinda made me swoon.

 
At 10:55 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh fun! I'm exploring restaurants in the Pasadena area and went to Daisy Mint about a week ago. Had the Daisy Noodles - very creamy, unusual texture, but a little lime made them outstanding - and enjoyed it.

Alas, it is so close to PCC, if I don't get a little willpower, those noodles will be calling my name every day!

This is Rainy, btw... formerly Will Pillage For Yarn. New blog/ID. ;-)

 
At 11:19 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Really one of the best things to do on a Sunday!

 
At 3:52 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun!

Daisy Mint is a great little place. We really liked their curry and limeade.

So great to have great food, great company and lots of fibery fun all in one day!

 
At 8:33 AM PDT, Blogger Annette said...

Looks like a perfect day! I'll have to check out Daisy Mint. Maybe I cane get the eastside girls to join me. I'm glad you had a nice weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery