Monday, October 06, 2008

Extremely Cozy

Pumpkin Tea Cozy
Over the weekend I finished my Halloween project, the pumpkin tea cozy. I like it. I think it's cute. It was a relatively quick knit. I had to customize the pattern a bit to fit my teapot. I added a little tie around the handle to secure the cozy more firmly.
This is the basic pattern that I used (Ravelry link). I knit the orange body of the cozy using mystery acrylic, size 6 needles. The leaves and curly vine were crocheted with Essentials Multi by TLC in the "Leaves" colorway, size "G" crochet hook.
Thanks for suggesting this project, Madgik. It was fun and I might even make some cozies as gifts!
Regarding Saturday's adventure, Downtown L.A.: I made it Downtown, using a circuitous route to avoid traffic. It was fine, it really wasn't raining...only took me 30 minutes to get to the HomeGirl Cafe. Problem: We didn't know that the Cafe was closing at 3pm for a private event. We had our late lunch, and then moved our group of about 8 ladies to the Bakery area of the restaurant and knitted until around 4:15 until they kicked us out. Oh well. That just teaches me to call the HomeGirl Cafe every Saturday around noon, to see what the situation is going to be on that day. If you plan on joining us on a Saturday, call ahead. 323-526-1254 ext. 301.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 5:23 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sweet tea cozy, Ellen. I love how you used the multi-color yarn for the leaves....just like in nature!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 6:52 PM PDT, Blogger LizKnits said...

cute cozy!!

 
At 8:19 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Ellen, your cozy turned out so cute! I, too, love the leaves.

 
At 8:00 AM PDT, Blogger Faith said...

So, so, so cute!!!

 
At 9:53 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my word! That cozy is the cutest thing ever.....very fall festive, nice work!!

 
At 5:29 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable.

 
At 12:26 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

L.O.V.E.

Thanks for playing along in our Halloween KAL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery