Thursday, April 09, 2009

Easter Weekend

Easter @ The Hollywood Bowl, 1937

I'll be at the Once-a-Month, WeHo SnB at the Original Farmers Market this Saturday morning from 10am to noon. I'm taking time out from my cooking marathon to sit and knit a bit! I hope you'll join me.
Alas, I won't be able to attend the Fairview Knitters meet-up later in the afternoon (3:30-5:30) in Santa Monica. I keep having other events planned during this bi-monthly meeting. I really like this knit group too! I hope to make it back in two weeks. My huge family is gathering for it's annual Passover-Easter extravaganza out in Valencia. I promise to take photos!
Sunday is Easter. There are lots of things to do. You can start out early, get over to the Hollywood Bowl at 5:30 AM for the sunrise service. This is the 88th year!
You can head over to the Aero Theater in Santa Monica for a screening of the 1948 Warner Bros. film, "Easter Parade" with Judy Garland, Fred Astaire, Ann Miller, Peter Lawford and more!
Larry and I will be at Carol's and Thane's house for the annual orphans Easter gathering. Last year's party was fantastic! I hope the weather is nice!
2008 Easter Cake @ Carol's and Thane's Party
Crochet News: I used up all of Madge's Colinette Jitterbug yarn and came up with a shawlette or a big triangle scarf. After blocking, I think I'll love it!
See you tonight at the WeHo SnB!

7 Comments:

At 2:51 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

LOVE the addition of the purple. It is a stunning combo!

 
At 3:09 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with woolanthropy! The purple Colinette is gorgeous with the spinach green!

Happy Easter!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:44 PM PDT, Anonymous leilani said...

A most joyous Passover to you. I shall "toast" to you with an extra little chocolate egg on Easter Sunday.

 
At 4:49 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

The shawl turned out beautiful Ellen - the color combo is really gorgeous!

Have a wonderful Passover celebration this weekend with your family. I love the Easter cake! I, too, shall "toast" to you with a chocolate egg this Easter Sunday!

 
At 5:45 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Wow the purple and green together are stunning!

Unfortunately I don't really like Easter anymore. One of the island traditions I'm not so fond of is the bells being played before the start of the Easter sunrise service. I think if you want to attend the service, great. But if you don't then being woken up before dawn on Easter Sunday morning is not pleasant. :(

 
At 10:10 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Hey, your shawl turned out really great. Yay for recycled yarn.

That cake cracked me up. I need to go find some jelly beans for Tom's Easter treat. And some of those Cadbury Eggs. Those are the best.

Happy spring!

 
At 12:32 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The purple and green are stunning together, wow! Yarny match made in heaven. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery