Sunday, July 05, 2009

V.I.P. for a day

Pepy and Ellen @ Pepy's Galley, Mar Vista Bowling Alley

We had a marvelous 4th of July at Carol's and Thane's house last night. I'll post photos tomorrow.
This morning, Sunday, we met Mom and Hal at Pepy's Galley at the Mar Vista Bowling Alley for breakfast. I've written about Pepy's many times. The food here is great, reasonable and the service is good too. Everything is very fresh and beautifully prepared. We've been eating at Pepy's for years. Before Pepy took it over it was called Peter B's Galley...also a good coffee shop, but when Pepy became the owner, the atmosphere changed for the better. Pepy is the man who greets you, refills your coffee cup, answers all your questions and mans the cash register. He always has a big hello for you, even if he's never seen you before.
Back to this morning. I was sitting next to my step-Dad, Hal, on the outside of the booth. Hal gave me some money to pay the bill and I took it up to Pepy at the cash register. Pepy took one look at me and gave me a big hug and kiss and said, "For you, breakfast is free."
Huh? What did I do? Yeah, we've been long-time customers, but my birthday isn't for a few weeks! Pepy told me that someone came to eat there from my online recommendation. The person also told Pepy about my blog posts and showed Pepy the site! I wonder who it was. Let me know, OK?
Wow! I wish every restaurant I wrote about would be so gracious! Thanks, Pepy! My folks were very impressed. You turned me into a V.I.P. for the day! The internets are a wonderful thing. Go eat at Pepy's! You will not be disappointed! Hey! You can get in some bowling too.
Pepy's Galley @ Mar Vista Bowl
12125 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles
Phone: (310) 391-5288
Fax: (310) 391-1651

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:03 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

That is so cool!

Breakfast and bowling sounds like fun.

 
At 7:24 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Awesome! When I eat there, I'm definitely going to tell Pepy you sent me.

 
At 2:37 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that you're a celebrity wherever you go, Ellen!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 9:26 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Score!!!

Christine G.

 
At 9:11 AM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

What a wonderful surprise, your personality is so electric and people enjoy your enthusiasm for life. I'll have to make note of this place,its funny there is a bowling alley near my home that has good pizza, its like a throwback to the 70's, nothing has been updated and I like it this way.

 
At 9:33 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

You are always a VIP in my book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery