Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Totebags

Trader Joe's Most Recent Tote Bag Design
You might remember that I'm obsessed with totebags. I like to buy them. I like to receive them as gifts. I like to knit and crochet them.
Lately, I've been covering canvas totes with crocheted granny squares. Of course, my favorite is the Trader Joe's circular bucket tote that I turned inside out and covered with granny squares. I always get compliments on this one!
Well, my go-to grocery store, Trader Joe's, has issued a new totebag. It's so fantastic that I don't even want to cover it with granny squares! Isn't that incredible?
The large new tote has a flat bottom (always excellent for toting groceries in the car). The design is beautiful, using graphics familiar from their Fearless Flyer. The interior is red. the ends of the bag and handles are very Louis Vuitton-like in color and design with the trademark T.J.'s hybiscus flower graphic. I just love it! I have two of these gorgeous totes so far. They cost $1.99. Do you have one?
Has anyone bought either of the Trader Joe's cookbooks? I was wondering if you like the recipes. T.J.'s should give me a gift certificate for giving them so much free publicity!

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At 11:31 AM PDT, Anonymous Martha in Kansas said...

My, that really is a beautiful tote. And we don't have TJ's around here! Maybe they'd let you do a give-away?

 
At 12:11 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Martha,

I don't think I need permission from Trader Joe's to do a giveaway. I just need a reason to do a giveaway!!! Some sort of contest, perhaps? Got any ideas?

Ellen B.

 
At 12:17 PM PDT, Blogger Beth said...

This is an awesome tote bag! Usually our Whole Foods Stores run neck and neck with Trader Joe's, I'm going to check out and see what I can find there.

Although I think an give a way or contest would be a great idea...;-). Hmmmm it would have to be something "yarny" or even restaurant oriented don't you think??

 
At 1:03 PM PDT, Blogger Megalion said...

Ooh I like tote bags too but WHOA I MUST get me some of these even though I try never to pay more than $1 for the "reusuable store ones".

I love hibiscus flowers, I even got a tattoo recently of one on my right shoulder!

Thanks for this post!

 
At 2:19 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

My Tj's didn't have this bag when I was there yesteday. Maybe next time. It's a good one.

 
At 3:47 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

Ooh, I love this one! I must get me out and pick up one of these beauts. I love the rounded bottoms.

 
At 8:23 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

I will have to pick one up the next time I go to TJ's. I know this bag will end up having alot of uses. Haven't tried their cookbooks, I tend to use the foodnetwork or epicurious. I will be able to get to the next knitting group. July 11?

 
At 11:31 AM PDT, Blogger Allison said...

Ohhh, that bag is awesome! We don't have them here in PA at our TJ's (yet, maybe?)

 
At 8:43 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

I'll definitely pick this one up when I visit. I love TJ's. Sniff. Well, at least I've got my granny tote to cheer me up!

 
At 10:47 AM PDT, Blogger Christy T said...

Don't you LOVE that tote??? I bought 3 the other day at the Santa Monica Trader Joes (while I was in LA)... I stopped by Stitching is an Art and Yarns Unlimited also, loved it, but I didn't love the 10! I've been sooo blogged out lately, but hopefully I'll get my mojo back when I come home from vacation and show everyone my purchases!

 
At 2:01 PM PDT, Blogger PattyF said...

I love the tote! Reminds me of Cheers. No TJs near me, but I emailed a friends and begged her to get me one.

Thanks for sharing!

 
At 3:26 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I snagged me one of these at the San Francisco Trader Joe's, the last one on the rack!
When I laid eyes on it, I knew it would have a cult following, and lo and behold, I was right!
(There was recently an Ebay ad selling them for nearly $8 each!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery