Tuesday, July 07, 2009

What a Surprise!

Mystery Package
My friend, Gale really surprised me on Monday morning. After a long weekend of watching Michael Jackson coverage, Wimbledon, celebrating the 4th of July and working around the house, I really didn't want to come into the office on Monday morning. It was definitely "Blue Monday" for me, after having such a relaxing and pleasant time off.
Sitting on my desk was a curious white box, secured with tiki-tape! I saw that it was from Gale. Woo Hoo! What could this be? I'd recently sent her a couple of DVDs that I had hangin' around the office. I also threw in one of my vintage crochet pamphlets from the late 1960's. This was a pamphlet so ridiculously dated, that I thought excellent photographer, Gale would enjoy seeing the models' poses in the crocheted fashions. I wasn't expecting anything in return.
The gracious Gale sent me some gorgeous wool from her home state, Connecticut. It's called Andy's Merino and there's a photo of the sheep, Andy on the tag! How did Gale know that "Brick" is my favorite colorway? Also inside was a vintage crochet pamphlet featuring my crochet passion, GRANNY SQUARES, along with one of Gale's photographic sheep notecards from her book.Gale is the photographer of one of my favorite books, "Shear Spirit." I wrote a review of this book awhile back. I still re-read certain sections of the book when I want to escape! Gale and I became friends through Ravelry. Thank you, internets. Even though we've never actually met, I feel like I've known her forever. Maybe we'll meet when Gale finally organizes that bus tour of sheep farms for knitters. I'm waiting.Thanks, again Gale. You made my week!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 3:51 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Ellen. You're so lucky to have such a generous friend!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:54 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

What a great package of fabulous stuff.

Ellen, I swear, it looks like you modeling on on the granny square cover! Have you been holding out on us as an undercover granny square model?

 
At 4:17 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

What a fun surprise to perk up a ‘blah’ day!

 
At 9:09 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

Those colors really are you! I love the little sheep photo on the lamb and merino - well, need I say more?

 
At 9:27 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natalie, I thought the same thing...that's Ellen in that photo!

Cute!!

Christine G.

 
At 9:35 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

It was really hard to come back to work after a wonderful weekend with Rosalie in lovely Sonoma. I feel your pain. But the yarn is gorgeous!

 
At 9:16 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, I still say you have one of the prettiest smiles I've ever seen!! Good work on the yarn score!

 
At 7:22 AM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

You're most welcome! I had the same thought on the GrannySquare Wear model's resemblance as some of the other commenters.

Must get those bus tour plans underway.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery