Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Last Sunday

Lori's and Rick's new kitchen

After breakfast with the folks at The Nosh in Beverly Hills, I met up with my Sometimes Sunday Crochet Group at Lori's house. Lori and Rick live just north of us in a beautiful Spanish Revival duplex. They recently remodeled their kitchen, so I was excited to see the results.

Lori, working in her new kitchen

WOW! The new kitchen is fantastic! I absolutely LOVE the colors....green Caesarstone counters, wood cabinets and floor, dramatic backsplash in earthtones and a red tile floor in the pantry! The kitchen is huge and has all kinds of working and storage space. I'm very "J". Congratulations, Lori and Rick on your beautiful new kitchen!

Beth in the new pantry

Lori, Beth, Carol and I then convened in the dining area for some serious snackage and crocheting! It was a lovely afternoon.

Carol, Lori, Beth

On Sunday night Larry and I traveled downtown to the Walt Disney Concert Hall for the program, West Coast, Left Coast, Songs of the Sun with Brian Wilson, Dave Alvin, the Living Sisters and Harper Simon. All in all, it was a very entertaining concert. Of course, Dave along with Greg Liesz were fantastic. I liked Harper Simon's songs and guitar playing, but his voice could use some work. The Living Sisters were also good. I managed to snap a shot of Brian Wilson and his band playin' good ol' Beach Boys music. It was a wonderful weekend. How was yours?

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:14 AM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

I love that kitchen so much I could lick it. OMG.

Hey, I saw The Beach Boys in concert once. It was around 1990, when MC Hammer was all the rage. Both acts were coming to my university, and I signed up to usher at MC Hammer so that I could see the show for free. He was so insanely popular that the people in charge of ushers stipulated that in order to work MC Hammer, ushers had to work two additional shows too. As one of my mandatory shows, I chose The Beach Boys, lol, and they weren't half bad! I enjoyed them way more than I thought I would.

 
At 9:13 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

What a kitchen! Love the colors.

I am a fool for some Beach Boys.

 
At 9:52 AM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Ditto on the kitchen. I'm just glad you didn't show us the WHOLE house - I'm sure I would have been overcome by the evil green monster (not quite as pretty a color as the countertops!)

 
At 9:54 AM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Oh, and I saw the BB too - back in 1975!! :) It was a double-bill with Chicago. Or was it Jim Stafford? Good times.

 
At 12:55 PM PST, Anonymous Donna said...

Sounds like a fun Sunday. Not much happened here...but this week has been nothing but BUSY! Tis the season!

 
At 7:13 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those 60's dishes on the kitchen counter. I discovered Dave Alvin a year or so ago and fortunately he came to Redding recently. It was a great show at our beautiful restored (1039) Cascade Theatre. Ellen, you would have loved the nostalgic venue, and the show.

 
At 7:15 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean 1939 theatre!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery