Thursday, February 17, 2011

Japanese Crochet

There's a lot of frenzy over on Ravelry about Japanese crochet, especially on the "We Love Lucy" group. This is a group obsessed with the colors and designs of Lucy from Attic24. She's an excellent British crocheter who implements lots of cheerful colors in her designs! One of the patterns that everyone is trying is the Japanese Flower Motif Shawl. The pattern is part of a Japanese book called "Motif Book" by Nihon Vogue. There are many links on the discussion group to French blogs where you can spy bits and pieces of the motif chart. Sooooo, after sleuthing out one of the charts and then copying a few photos of other's work, I figured out the pattern!
I happened to have some Lion Brand "Amazing" self-striping yarn in my stash, so I whipped out my "G" hook and crocheted a few flowers. I LOVE THIS PATTERN!
Of course, It does look smashing when you change colors every round, but the self-striping yarn with long color runs is so much quicker and reduces the amount of ends to weave in. I'm all about quick.
I ran out of "Amazing" yesterday and I cannot get to the store to purchase anymore until Saturday. I was still itching to work on this pattern, so I got out some Noro Silk Garden sock yarn from my stash and started yet another scarf!! You do know, once I find a pattern I like, I re-create it endlessly!I would also like to see this shawl or scarf in all one color for a more elegant look. To view other images of this beautiful pattern, check this Ravelry link. I'm sure we'll see a version of this scarf at Anthropologie soon, if it hasn't shown up already!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:30 PM PST, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

So, you'll be giving a tutorial at S'n'B, right? Because I am dying to stay up until 2am trying this one. (Crochet Crack Pusher!)

 
At 8:23 PM PST, Blogger susanc said...

I love the Noro one Ellen! I'm chuckling at Laurie Ann's comment about "Crochet Crack Pusher"! I'll have to check out the group on Ravelry, although I'm not good at figuring out and reading charts (for crochet or knitting); it is one thing I want to learn how to do.

I loved the Valentine's Day cards you and Larry made each other! Very creative! :)

 
At 3:53 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ellen for showing us the flowers. I don't get over to Ravelry as often as I should, and these are beautiful! I love your idea using the self-striping yarns.
Jo-an

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery