Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Next Obsession

I've been trying out these Japanese motif flowers using different types of yarn. I do love this motif and how it looks once many flowers are connected. The self-striping yarn with long color runs make especially gorgeous flowers without the pesky problem of changing colors and weaving in ends!

Caron Simply Soft, CoralLace Weight/Fuzzy, TaupeLion Brand "Amazing" - Mesa
Noro Silk GardenLion Brand Amazing - OlympiaNoro Silk Garden, Sock - Purples

Vanna-Multi Flowers YES
Vanna's Choice, Worsted WeightLion Brand Amazing - Aurora

Naturally, when Larry sees a swatch lying around the house, he always picks it up and tries to attach it to his body somewhere. Behold, the Japanese Flower Mask, below!

Caron Simply Soft, Pink

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 1:10 PM PST, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I'm so glad you included that Larry photo. I was worried that my flowers were coming out too big, but I see that they are the right size. Although, they don't lay flat. It feels like I have too many petals, but I don't. Hmmm....

 
At 2:34 PM PST, Blogger WineGrrl said...

That last photo of Mr. Larry looks very Magritte.

 
At 3:50 PM PST, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

LOL
The Japanese Mask is Fab. I need one!

 
At 5:03 PM PST, Blogger Sharon said...

That flower mask is so funny!

 
At 5:23 AM PST, Blogger inkberryblue said...

Beautiful motifs...hilarious mask! Your last photo made me laugh out loud. =)

 
At 6:35 AM PST, Blogger Pam said...

Dear Ellen,

I looove your blog. I want to tell you that you have won the Stylish Blogger Award, so go to my blog and check it out.

Love and Hugs
Pam

 
At 7:12 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

You are tooooo funny. How have I missed you all this time. New follower here that's for sure. Off to see what else I've missed. Can't wait to start on Suz flowers. But, first I must finish my circles. Hope to see you around the garden.

Kate - The Garden Bell

 
At 8:09 AM PST, Blogger mj said...

You are so lucky to have a model on staff! I have to use the teddy bear and he only works for baby items.
The flowers are really beautiful and they are on my list of things to try.

 
At 1:34 PM PST, Blogger arbrealaine said...

Je comprends que ça soit devenu une obsession !!

 
At 1:56 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry looks like a pink crochet version of the Green Man! Love the scarf he's modeling in the previous pic.

 
At 2:00 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Merci, Merci, everyone for all of the compliments....especially the international ones!

 
At 7:36 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

This is my all time favorite photo of Larry. He looks fantastic in pink, but it's his glasses that makes it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery