Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Remembering Valentine's Day

Last Sunday the Sometimes Sunday Crochet group convened at Lori's house. She served all kinds of festive Valentine-oriented snackage! That Lori really sets a colorful table!

Papaya and Oranges, later sprinkled with a bit of Chile Dust and Lime!

On Monday, I tired to add a smidgen of Valentine cheer to my office cube by hanging up a few heart doilies. Yes, I know, I'm consumed by frilly crochet lately. The doiliness will stop soon. I promise.

Cubicle Doilies!

Traffic on Valentine's night was horrendous on the westside of L.A.! It seems that there was an accident on the 405 Fwy. near Westwood in the late afternoon AND a protest near the Federal Bldg. sooooo, the surface streets were clogged to the max when I left Santa Monica. I could barely get out of my parking lot! My 8 mile trip took 1-1/2 hours! Argh! Larry and I didn't have big dinner plans, but he did make a reservation at our local Thai restaurant. When I finally got home, we zoomed over to Chao Krung and had a much-needed, relaxing dinner.
Later, we gave each other our hand-made Valentine cards. Larry's card relates to the fact that I've been obsessed with crocheting doilies lately. He's turned himself into a doily design!!! My card to Larry refers to the fact that I sometimes call him Mr. Magoo when he forgets things around the house....lovingly, of course!!

click to embiggen

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:03 PM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

What sweet cards and so creative .....

Thank you for explaining the traffic nightmare on Monday. Yikes!! It was insanity.

 
At 5:07 PM PST, Blogger mj said...

Faboo cards!

 
At 8:17 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

You two!!! How perfect, I love the cards.Sorry you had an un-sweet ride home.

 
At 5:33 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw these. So adorable!

Love Larry's little ditty: Larry Loves Ellen 24/7!!!

Christine G.

 
At 7:13 AM PST, Blogger Susan Dilger said...

LOVE your cards, and I'm still cracking up over "embiggen"!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery