Thursday, February 03, 2011

Several WIPs

Yarn, hand-dyed by Ana

WIPs = Works in Progress. Yes, I have several. I have been the recipient of some gorgeous yarn in the past, some for birthday gifts, some in swaps and sometimes people just give me their leftover yarn because they know I'll give it a good home! Usually, when I have just one skein or under 200 yards of one type of yarn, I immediately cast on my fave Sally Melville "Shape It" scarf from her book, "The Knitting Experience, Book 1, the Knit Book." This is my go-to book for basic knit techniques and inspiration. Sally is brilliant.
I'm currently working on two scarves with gift yarn, similar to Sally's design. For both scarves I'm increasing at the ends of each row and two stitches in the center, creating an elongated V-shaped scarflette. Both are in garter stitch. I will knit until I run out of yarn.

BethTriangle
Swap Yarn from Beth

Let me know if you want to give me some yarn. I'll be right over!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:19 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Beautiful! It always cracks me up to see your knitting when I am plotting a great big granny afghan (see , you definitely gave me that bug!).

 
At 7:21 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

ps and both of these yarns are really good looking!

 
At 9:31 PM PST, Anonymous Twilight said...

Cool-Taos yarn! I want to make something with that yarn someday since I live there. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery