Monday, January 24, 2011

Potholders

Daisy Potholder - Front
Daisy Potholder

Last year I made quite a number of potholders (see below)....some for swaps, some for gifts and others for myself. I
LOVE crocheting potholders! They are small projects that can be finished in a few hours. You can be as creative with color as you want. I think of them as beautiful little mosaics or jewels.
The 2011 Potholder Swap on Ravelry was announced the other day. I missed this swap the last two years, so I'm really looking forward to participating this year. If you're a member of Ravelry, you can read the instructions for the swap here. Check out the Flickr group to see some of last year's entries. Wow! Gorgeous!
Swap members are required to make 5 cotton potholders, double-sided. You have to use the same pattern for each of the five potholders, but you can change up the colors any way you'd like. I've decided to crochet Maggie Weldon's
Daisy Potholder for my entries. I've finished two potholders already! Since I'm using a lighter weight cotton than the pattern calls for, I added a couple of extra rounds of double crochet and a picot edge to the design. This is a supremely satisfying project.

Daisy Potholder - Back
Potholder Backs

Last year's Potholders and Hot Pads, below

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:59 AM PST, Blogger Z said...

They look really really nice.

They kind of remind me of snowflakes. No two are alike.

Thank you for sharing the pictures.

 
At 10:13 AM PST, Blogger Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Such pretty designs and so colorful. Very lovely indeed. Best wishes, Tammy

 
At 11:24 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks so much for the compliments! I do love crocheting potholders!

 
At 1:40 PM PST, Blogger ChelleC said...

I'm thinking about it . . . gosh it is really tempting. Those potholders are adorable.

 
At 9:28 AM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Those a re beautiful! I am seriously consiering joining in too. (see what you've done to me, Ellen?). One one hand, I would love to receive 5 potholders. On the other, I truly hate working with cotton. I'll have to see if I can get over myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery