Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tim Burton Exhibit @ LACMA


On Saturday we had tickets to see the Tim Burton exhibit at LACMA.
There was a review of the show in the L.A. Times today. Reviewer Christopher Knight did not like the fact that the show contained so much stuff! He thought it should have been edited a bit. Au contraire!!! I felt like I was looking into Tim Burton's garage! I loved seeing all of his early drawings, short films, notebooks and doodles leading up to his directing career! Apparently, Knight is not a fan like I am.

early painting by Tim Burton
Facial Maquettes for Jack Skellington character
Black-light Merry-Go-Round
"Willy Wonka" Character
I love that Burton grew up in Burbank! He's a home-boy! Of course, many of the items in the show, including figures, costumes, scenery and props were fabricated by outside people, but all of it came from Burton's fertile mind. There's so much content to this show, that I will probably return a few times during the summer. I could not possibly see everything in one visit.
The museum was packed! Burton had been there earlier in the day to autograph copies of his book. People were dressed like characters from many Burton movies...lots of black & white stripes and goth clothes. For a pop-culture show, I thought it was terrific. I urge you to see it!

Exit through the Gift Shop

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:17 PM PDT, Anonymous Twilight said...

That looks like a great exhibit!

 
At 11:04 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

thank you for the preview on the exhibit. It is on my summer to do list.

 
At 4:41 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

That charlie female puppet looks sad as heck like she is trying to smilešŸ¤£

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery