Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Around the House

Hand-Made Folk Art Bird House

Sometimes I just like to snap photos of stuff around the house. Yes, we have too much stuff. We should get rid of lots of our stuff. However, it took us years and years of collecting to acquire this stuff. I like to admire my stuff. I'm reminded of that George Carlin bit about "Stuff." He says, "A house is just a pile of stuff with a cover on it."

Treasure Craft Display Fish Dish
Stuff I Crochet
Memorbilila Stuff
Poodle Stuff
Mid-20th Century Pottery StuffVintage Art StuffBeauteous Orangey Yarn Stuff

None of our stuff is monetarily that valuable, but it all has sentimental value to us. We have some REALLY GOOD STUFF, including lots and lots of estate sale finds and yarn. One of these days we'll get rid of the excess stuff. For now, I'll enjoy it.
How much stuff do you have hiding in your house?

Stuff in the Art / Photo Studio

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 3:51 PM PDT, Anonymous Suzette said...

Oy! We have lots of stuff, too. Well, I guess it's mostly mine. I have lots of vintage collectibles. I was even into collecting quilts for a while. Those take up SPACE. No more collecting!!! Lately, I have been donating lesser stuff to a thrift shop. So easy to acquire. So hard to get rid of.

 
At 3:52 PM PDT, Anonymous Suzette said...

P.S. Love the pillow on the couch. need a close-up!

 
At 3:53 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I am very jealous of the Chicken Boy limoge. I love your stuff, especially the poodles.

 
At 3:56 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Awww...thanks for the compliments, Ladies. Yes, I love my stuff too. It's some of Larry's stuff I'd like to chuck!
Suzy-Ette! Thanks for reminding me about that pillow. I keep forgetting to photograph it and put in on The Rav!

 
At 10:35 PM PDT, Anonymous Eve said...

Love your stuff!!! I'm trying to get some of my stuff over to goodwill because I have way more than the place holds!
:-)

 
At 7:20 AM PDT, Blogger Two-of-Six said...

Stuff...always fascinates me. Whenever a person goes through those designer homes and celebrity homes, the first thing I notice is that they never have stuff. Where is all of their stuff? Makes me go, hhhmmm?

 
At 5:34 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Love stuff and have stuffed my house full as well. What can you do but enjoy it?

 
At 9:28 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

But it's stuff you have because you love it & collected it. I don't trust people without stuff. Or with all brand new stuff.(you skipped some of my favorites - the tiki collection!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery