Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summertime...

Ana & Lucy. Lucy is watching for Rocket J. Squirrel

....and the livin' is easy! That's for sure! I'm really taking it easy this first week of my vacation. Monday was very busy, so I decided to slow it down on Tuesday. I did a little shopping in the morning and then met up with Ana's Knitting Circle at Clover Park in Santa Monica from 2-5pm. Clover Park, during the week is a very peaceful place.

Helen and Andi

We set up our chairs under a big tree and just hung out while knitting, crocheting and spinning. It was even a bit chilly in the shade, which was a delightful respite from the heat inland.
Ana and Lauren brought their dogs, Lucy and Tessa. Lucy's the redhead and Tessa is the ash-blonde. Lucy is always looking for the elusive squirrel while Tessa is acquiring knitting and spinning skills.

Molly Teaches Tessa Some Knitting Tricks

Andi Shows Tessa How To Spin

I finished my dishcloths for the Annual Ravelry Dishcloth Swap, so I took the opportunity of being in the park to photograph my finished pieces.
Thanks for a lovely afternoon, Ladies!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:12 PM PDT, Blogger Julie said...

I love your dishcloths! You inspired me to update my ravelry profile, and I hope I can finish some for the swap. Did you see these granny square cookies on CRAFT today?

 
At 5:17 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I'm so glad you're going to join our swap, Julie!

I LOVE those granny square cookies! Apparently, granny squares are not only the building blocks to fashion, but also to fine cuisine!!

 
At 5:48 PM PDT, Anonymous Suzette said...

Your dishcloths look great Ellen!

 
At 6:52 AM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Perfect start to a vacation week if you ask me. Ana & Lucy, what a great shot.
Also , love the use of the mitered crosses on the dishcloths. My faves are the white & yello/gold and the red white & black. They both somehow seem more modern & design-y than most handknit dishclothes. Another Ellen success!

 
At 6:59 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen!,
I know this is a shameless plug, but I thought I'd let you know that I recently posted a crochet version of the knit mitred cross square, on Ravelry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery