Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Santa Barbara Weekend

Vintage Interior, Taqueria La Colmena

On Friday, we drove up to Santa Barbara for a family wedding on Saturday. We managed to cram in many activities on Friday and Saturday, in addition to party events.
Our first stop was for a taco lunch at Taqueria La Colmena on Milpas Street. The most popular taco stand in SB is La Super Rica, just because L.A. food writers and chefs have favored it. The line for La Super Rica was down the block and around the corner. We wanted our tacos now! I'd read some great reviews about La Taqueria La Colmena, so we tried it! The tacos were super fresh and delicious. This is a very cute, little vintage spot. The interior was perfect too.

Taco de Carnitas, Taco de Pescado

Next stop, we checked into our little hotel near downtown. Then we headed over to Cardigans, a very sweet yarn shop near our hotel.

Larry at Cardigans Yarn Shop

Larry humored me with a stop at Loop & Leaf (another yarn shop). I purchased some souvenir yarn there, of course. There is some very cool yarn-bombing goin' on at the Loop & Leaf.

Loop & Leaf's Yarn bombed front yard

We zoomed over to the Santa Barbara Mission too. I hadn't been there since I was a little girl. It's really one of the prettiest California Missions.

Santa Barbara Mission

Our other visit, exclusive of wedding party fun was the Santa Barbara Museum of Art for a spectacular photo exhibit.
Stay tuned for wedding details...

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:45 AM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

How fun! Santa Barbara is one of my favorite places. Glad you had a great time!

 
At 12:56 PM PDT, Anonymous Amy Dawes said...

Glad to learn about La Colmena! Photo looks so cute. I think Super-Rica is over-rated and often dirty -
would rather not go there again.

 
At 1:37 PM PDT, Blogger Mia said...

Wow, I'm such a yarn geek I recognized that madelinetosh in the Cardigans photo before I even saw the labels.

 
At 10:28 AM PDT, Blogger Patricia said...

I LOVE a Santa Barbara get-away! I will remember Taqueria La Colmena next time. We always fit in a stop at Chaucer's Book Street on Upper State Street. I will ask you about the hotel where you stayed next time I see you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery