Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Frozen Kindelah

A few weeks ago I got out my Kindle to read a few chapters of "A Natural Woman" by Carole King. I'd just charged the Kindle because I hadn't used it in a few days. The screensaver was frozen and fractured. I pressed a few buttons, turned up the volume and found that my Kindelah still talked to me, but wouldn't let me see the pages of my book. She's only 1-1/2 years old! I never dropped her. I never left her in my hot car to melt. I've been a good step-mom to my sweet Kindelah!
I contacted Amazon.com's Kindle Support. After much back-and-forth, Support suggested that I replace my Beloved with a newer version. O.K. this set me back another $65. Oh well, I'm addicted.


Since I've owned a Kindle, I've been reading MUCH more. The convenience of having this small device with me at all times has brought me into the digital age.
I'm now the proud owner of a sleek, smaller Kindle that goes with me everywhere! What are you reading now?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:13 AM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Congratulations on the adorable new addition!I've been on a (nondigital) reading jag myself, although I agree that having an e-reader enhances reading in all kinds of situations.
Recent books I've been enjoying:
Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
Swamplandia by Karen Russell
I'm in the middle of Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese and it's also excellent.

 
At 11:20 AM PDT, Blogger Patricia said...

That is my greatest fear...turning on my Kindle and finding it DEAD! I bought it to use while traveling and that is what I do...no more packing books. But can I trust it to be there for me when I need it???

By the way...go to Books On The Knob http://blog.booksontheknob.org/
for listings of FREE Kindle books. On that was free yesterday was "Catch the Sun" by Lee Zamloch. Lee went to high school with me and has written a novel about Marilyn Monroe! Just love a bargain especially if the price is $0.00.

 
At 11:40 AM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

There's a way to reset the frozen screen (it happened to me, too) but I can't remember what it was. If support couldn't help you, then maybe yours was beyond reset.

It doesn't have a keyboard? I'd go nuts. I have word games on mine. I need the keyboard.

 
At 1:40 PM PDT, Blogger Sharon Marie said...

My 3G kindle froze too and I tried all the tricks I could find on the Internet and from the Kindle people at Amazon. I ended up buying a reconditioned 3G for I think $89. I saved Amazon gift cards until I had enough for the Fire. I like the Fire but I prefer the 3G because it reads to me and the screen stays cleaner. I read a bunch of free books that I find through various pages on facebook.

 
At 2:23 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the book suggestions, everyone!

 
At 5:51 PM PDT, Anonymous M.K. said...

After reading most of the Song of Ice and Fire series on my defunct iPhone (there is a crack in the screen and there's a wide stripe of non-functional display across the center), I decided that getting a Kindle would be my treat after paying off my student loans. I adore it! Currently re-reading When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead, and will probably be re-reading Furious Love (about Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton) this weekend.

I have a Pad & Quill handmade case that looks and feels like a hardcover book and it has a nice comforting feel to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery