Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Bridal Shower

Yes, we made bridal gowns out of toilet paper!! With Alice, Natalie, Jenny and Laura
It's been a very long time since I've attended a bridal shower!  This would be the time in my life, if I had children, that they would be getting married.  Also, if any of my friends had children, they would be getting married and having children of their own now too.  Funny how this works.  Since we are a couple with no attachments, most of our friends are in the same boat.
childhood friends, Michelle, Alice and Brooke

It was fun attending a bridal shower this past Sunday for our dear friend, Brooke.  Brooke and Deyo are getting married on the 4th of July....looking forward to the event!
Brooke is a friend from our involvement with the Modern Committee of the L.A. Conservancy.  We have many "likes" in common.  I'd asked her almost a year ago when she announced her engagement, "So, Brookie, what color afghan do you want."  Brooke immediately replied, "Orange, avocado and gold!"  Well, OK!  These are some of my fave colors too.   

Rebecca, Brooke and Michelle

I crocheted Brooke and Deyo a large afghan consisting of single color granny squares, joined as I crocheted.  The main squares are six rounds each.  The border squares are 3 rounds each.  I used 100% virgin acrylic yarn, making this an easy-care, washable piece.  I hope the newlyweds enjoy the "GroovyGhan" for many years to come.
The shower was held at Nikki's and Dave's home in Mar Vista.  So much fun!  The house is adorable.  The food was divine.  Considering Brooke was the only person I knew when I walked in the door, I had a really good time.  Everyone was so friendly.  NOW, at least we'll have some new friends at the wedding in July!

There's a booth in the breakfast nook!
Everyone gathers in Nikki's retro kitchen
Brooke models the GroovyGhan in her Groovy Kitchen
Brooke and Deyo.  Photo from wedding website.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM PDT, Blogger Joe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery