Friday, December 30, 2022

The Weather Outside is Frightful!

Winter 2022.  It's very cold across the world.  It's cold in Los Angeles, but warm compared to other parts of North America.  For me, I'm cold when the thermometer drops to below 65 degrees. Time to get out the bulky yarn and knit and/or crochet a BULKY KNIT item!  I have tons of vintage knit patterns lining my bookshelves.  I've been collecting these old pattern books since I started knitting as a little girl, way back in the 1960's.  I've been rummaging through my books and have come up with some fabulous chunky knits to whip up for this cold snap.  Behold:







Fat yarn, large needles...these sweaters are quick and jiffy to work up!  The only problem with these chunky and bulky knits is that I'm rather chunky and bulky myself.  These types of sweaters just add to that bulky Babushka-lady look of my ancestors.  Oh well...who am I to go against my Ukrainian roots! 
These MEGA knits are coming around again in fashion circles.  Take a look at some recent runway favorites:




Please note that these high-fashion MEGA knits are shown on clothes-hanger skinny models.  
Eh!  Who cares!  I'm freezing.  I'm gonna whip out my size 13 needles and double up some yarn and knit a SUPER-CARDI this weekend!
Happy New Year, my friends.  I'll be here at Chez Bloom Underhill under a pile o' yarn!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:20 AM PST, Anonymous ROMYTISA said...

Just look at these styles, so chic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery