Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Brunch in the Marina

Marina del Rey, California
Looks like my blog is all about yarn and food. What more could you possibly need?
My Mom and her current husband live in Marina del Rey. It's quite lovely, actually, if you don't mind the summer traffic. The view from their condo is faboo. On Sunday, the folks invited us to brunch at the Mariott Hotel in the Marina.
The service is excellent here. They have a buffet brunch, but we decided to just order off the menu. Whenever I'm faced with a buffet, I just eat waaaay too much.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Larry had the almond encrusted French toast

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had eggs benedict

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mom and Hal had a breakfast quesadilla
It was quite delicious. We were full for the rest of the day! You can't actually see the Marina from the Mariott dining room, but the decor is nice and the staff is attentive. It's not too pricey either.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Mariott remodeled recently. LOVE those lobby colors...rust, taupe, amber, chocolate....Yum!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:20 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents live in the Marina too. Since it's so expensive to live there, it's turning into a geriatric community! LOL. I, too like the Marriott Restaurant. Have you tried the Jamaica Bay Inn Restaurant. It's right on the Mother's Beach.

June
West L.A.

 
At 1:33 PM PDT, Blogger Lori said...

OMG! That french toast just made me salivate on the keyboard--well, almost! Looks like I'll have to make a trip to Marina del Rey one of these days....

 
At 4:10 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

GAWD. You just love making me hungry, don't you?! I could have just finished a 10 course meal, but you have to show off.

Somehow, soy cheese and tofu "bologna" just don't compare.

 
At 2:56 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Marina del Rey to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery