Friday, September 28, 2007

Saving For Retirement

A few weeks ago, while sitting backstage with the Yarn Harlot at the LA Central Library before her presentation, Audrey and I were chatting with Stephanie about our vast yarn stashes and how we feel guilty owning so much yarn. The lovely YH gave us the perfect rationalization for gathering and storing yarn. Here's what she said, "Are you going to retire someday? Will you be knitting and crocheting more once you retire? Will your income be limited when you retire?" Audrey and I replied "yes" to all of those questions. "Well, then," Stephanie replied, "you are merely stockpiling yarn for those lean years of retirement!" I do love the Yarn Harlot.
I've been photographing my stash for Ravelry. Since I have Larry's photo studio, lights, seamless background, his expertise, etc. at my disposal, I thought I'd do the job the right way. After Larry helped me set up the lights, I snapped tons of shots of yarny goodness. I think this makes an orgasmic slideshow. The possibilities are endless.

I will be at Marie's house on Saturday morning for the yarn and craft sale. I need to add to that stockpile. Hope to see you there. Can't wait to add that hot pink Sayelle she promised me to my stash photos!
On Sunday, Rhoda and I will be attending the L.A. Conservancy's "Cultivating L.A.: 100 Years of Japanese-Style Garden Making in Southern California, A Self-Driving Tour." Have a marvelous weekend!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 12:20 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

GREAT photos, Ellen! Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard...okay, I'm back now. I just wanna roll around in all this yarn goodness. (cue the pron music)

See you tomorrow!

 
At 12:39 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Orange, much, Ellen?! :) You're making my hurty teeth drool. Oh, and I *love* the baby cap and booties!!!

 
At 12:52 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo....you have so much yarn. The photos are great. I really like the shadows underneath each skein of yarn. Nice job.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:31 PM PDT, Blogger LINDA said...

really enjoyed your slide show. I think you should listen to Stephanie's advice about retirement!

 
At 3:38 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Dang, I felt like I should have dimmed the lights and poured myself some wine before viewing all that.

 
At 4:46 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Um, yeah, you really did photograph everything in your stash!!! OMG.

 
At 9:50 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

You win the award for the most beautifully photographed stash ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery