Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Birth of the Cool

On Saturday we were invited to attend the opening reception for a new exhibit at the Orange County Museum of Art. "Birth of the Cool: California Art, Design, and Culture at Midcentury" is just that....extremely cool. We walked into the 60's style OC Museum to the sounds of trumpeter, Jack Sheldon and his swingin' band, passed hors d'oeuvres and cocktails, beautifully dressed people and mid-century art celebrities. It was quite a scene. We were invited because Larry photographed the outdoor furniture for the California Living show brochure.
The exhibit was a timeline of art, music, graphic design and culture from the 50's and 60's.

Photographer of the era, William Claxton was there, as well as many of the artists represented. We had a great time, hob-nobbin' with the big shots of O.C.!
The exhibit continues thru January 2008. It's a must-see!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:15 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! My idea of a perfect event.

 
At 1:42 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

Looks like it was a blast. You always crack me up when you write about the reason why you were invited to an invite. Girl, you and Mr. Larry ARE the reason!

 
At 2:51 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

très, très, très groovè!
ooh la la I like.

 
At 10:39 AM PDT, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

I am loving all the slide shows Ellen. I will have to do my annual update for my blog as soon as I get my scanner and my camera working. Darn techmology!

 
At 10:30 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

Just talked to Brit tonight about this show. If I can only convince her to go to the OC.....
See you tomorrow night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery