Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Stitchin' with my Homies

This past Saturday I ventured over to the HomeGirl Cafe on Alameda St., downtown (just north of Union Station) for a new SnB meeting. The HomeGirl Cafe is part of HomeBoy Industries. It is a full service restaurant with fantastic food. Our meeting started at 2pm, after the lunch rush. HOWEVER, many of us ordered lunch and some cool limonadas. At least 20 people showed up for the meeting! Thanks to organizer, Adriana for asking Founder of HomeBoy Industries, Father Gregory Boyle for his support. It was so wonderful to see so many knitters and crocheters in one place, sharing their knowledge.

We had people from all over the City attending.....Downtown, Mt. Washington, Pasadena, El Sereno, Boyle Hts., Montebello, Silverlake, Echo Park, Hollywood, Mid-City, Playa del Rey, WLA, Highland Park, Torrance. Adriana hopes that people will continue to come every Saturday from 2-5pm. There's a free parking lot in back of the building and street parking too. The Cafe is right across the street from the Gold Line Metro/Chinatown stop. I will try to attend this fun meeting as often as possible....when I'm not at the Fairview Knitters group in Santa Monica!
HomeGirl Cafe, 130 W. Bruno St., Los Angeles, CA 90012; (323) 526-1254

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:11 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great turnout. Congratulations. I will try to attend too!

Susan
Glassell Park

 
At 1:10 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the looks of this place. I hope to join you there sometime soon!!
Christine G.

 
At 4:28 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool! I've totally wanted to check this place out. Sat. sounds like a great day to go and finally do a SnB. Seems like a great field trip!

 
At 4:31 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Susan, Christine and Katie!
Do stop by the HomeGirl Cafe some Saturday. Even if I'm not there, plenty of others will be. It's a very welcoming group!

 
At 9:08 AM PDT, Blogger Joni said...

Found this on the SNB yahoo forum. It looks like a lot of fun. I hope to go a week from this Saturday, as I'll be out of town!

 
At 11:37 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Ellen, you have the best fun with your knitting friends! I'm so trying to plan another trip to LA again just so I can come along to at least one of your knitting groups. Maybe next year.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery