Monday, August 04, 2008

Quiet Weekend

Estate Sale in West Hollywood

It was a quiet weekend. Larry and I hit an estate sale in West Hollywood on Saturday morning. I ended up buying a set of Russian nesting dolls! After receiving a personalized set for my b-day from Carla and Natalie, now I'm hooked!
Instead of buying things at estate sales these days, I like to take photos! It's less expensive, doesn't take up space in my house and is highly entertaining.


Later on Saturday afternoon I attended the SnB at the HomeGirl Cafe downtown. We had an excellent turnout. While there, I managed to crochet six red coasters out of kitchen cotton for an upcoming bridal shower that I'm attending next week.
Crocheted Coasters

I really like quiet weekends. What did you do?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 3:59 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

I like how you took photos of all things fiber-y at the estate sale. The green shag carpet looks like authentic grass!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 4:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The red coasters look great. I'll bet they're very absorbant, since they're crocheted from kitchen cotton. Nice gift.

Ginny
Brentwood

 
At 4:12 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Hooray for nesting dolls! Love em.

I taught crochet and knitting (at the same time thank you very much) at my regular Saturday morning gig. Went to eat at the Daily Grill in your work neck o' the woods that night.

Sunday, Jenna and I try to get our knitting machines up and running. We seem to be knitting machine tards...so sad.

 
At 4:53 PM PDT, Blogger Darci said...

those coasters are the best. Could you possibly post a pattern. While I am a proficient crocheter I struggle figuring out what is going on there...Much Thanks

 
At 7:56 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

This past weekend Tom and I watched DVDs! The Savages (yuck), The Hot Spot (Dennis Hopper likes t&a...and there's Don Johnson...pretty close adaptation to the pulp novel, really) and Mr. Brooks (uneven, but good; Kevin Kostner and William Hurt together are great, and the scenes with Demi Moore suck). Gotta love Netflix.

Congrats on the start of a new collection!

 
At 7:24 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I had that same doll house as a child...many many moons ago.

Christine G.

 
At 12:30 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Who bought the remote control collection?! lol.
So glad we started you off on a new collection :)

Oh and I have nominated you for a blog award on my blog. Check it out.

 
At 9:15 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am always trying to tidy up around here, so some cleaning was in order.
With a holiday on Monday. everyone seemed to have left Toronto. The roads were empty and great for cycling.
In retrospect my holiday weekend involved food - Shanghai dim sum, afternoon tea, Indian food, plus gelato. I also tried using coffee ice cubes for iced coffee.
Thanks for the great posts as usual.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery