Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend in the Mountains

Mt. Tahquitz viewed from Downtown Idyllwild
We had a marvelous time in Idyllwild this past weekend. The weather was crisp and clear. I could finally wear some hand-knits!
Melissa and Ellen
The highlight, of course, was seeing many of my old friends from Idyllwild School of Music and the Arts. I was a summer student, then a couselor there for my formative years. Many of us would return every year to work up in Idyllwild and we forged many wonderful friendships. It was great to be able to renew our bonds. Our friend, Joel said it best, "What does it say when, upon seeing folks you haven't seen in decades, it feels like you just continued a conversation that paused seconds before? I guess it means that those people have always been a piece of you."
former Counselors, relatives, touring the Campus
I will post more pictures in the next few days. Larry took tons of photos and I know they'll be great!
Melissa and Jonde, singing those old song!
I was extremely touched when the President of Idyllwild Arts, Bill Lowman and his wife, Carolyn presented me with a beautiful bracelet for my efforts in finding all of our friends and organizing this mini-reunion. It's a fascinating piece, made from beads that Bill has collected on his international travels, and designed and articulated by Carolyn. Thank you again, so much! I never enjoyed a task more!
If you're interested in seeing the hundreds of photos that we took over the weekend, take a look at the slide show! Warning: It's long!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:40 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
It looks like you had a fabulous time, Ellen. The scenery is beautiful there.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 7:01 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

The bracelet is beautiful and what a great way of marking your efforts for the occasion. I can't wait to hear and see more about your wonderful reunion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery