Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Birthday Brunch


On Sunday, probably the hottest day of the year so far in L.A., I met up with my Knit Krewe to celebrate a couple of birthdays. We went to a great restaurant in East Hollywood called Cha Cha Cha. East Hollywood is hot. There's rarely a breeze. Needless to say, it was really hot by high noon. Luckily, the cold drinks were in abundance at Cha Cha Cha. Warning: The place is NOT air-conditioned.

Even though their b-days are more than a month apart, we always seem to celebrate Darcy's and Mary Jo's birthday together. Brunch was great there were lots of excellent b-day gifts and we had a wonderful time.

We were only a few blocks away from Scoops, a boutique ice-cream parlor in the area of town called "Mel-Hel," near the corner of Melrose and Heliotrope. This is a very popular spot with many bike riders around town, due to the proximity of bicycle shops nearby. Scoops is known for inventing unusual ice-cream flavors. We sampled Brown Bread, Salt Walter Taffy, Maple Nut Cookie and more delicious flavors. It was blessedly air-conditioned inside the shop, so we slurped our delicious ice cream and stayed for a bit.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 11:42 AM PDT, Anonymous Annika said...

I have wanted to go to Cha-Cha-Cha for years! It is not far from my place, but we just don't eat out much. One of these days, though. Preferably a cooler day.

 
At 12:11 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Personally I'd put down Monday as the hottest day over here. My little corner of the world hit 91 - and that's WITH occasional ocean breezes. Sheesh! Definitely ice cream weather - but I'm trying to imagine what Brown Bread ice cream would taste like?!?

 
At 1:05 PM PDT, Anonymous Lauren said...

I love Cha Cha Cha...and was crushed that they closed the one in WeHo which was walking distance from us. Still, am glad that this one is open. Looks like you had a great time!

 
At 3:03 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

It was great to relive it all. Thanks!

 
At 3:32 PM PDT, Blogger Terri Lynn said...

How much fun are you and this blog! I love everything! I really need to do those chicks and eggs! The Jitterbug shawl rocks!

 
At 9:17 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

OMG! I got a mini heat stroke driving home on Sunday...too HOT.
Still dreaming of Scoops!

 
At 12:09 PM PDT, Anonymous Jill B. said...

I used to go to the WeHo one for happy hour sometimes. Sangria and Guava-Goat Cheese Quesadillas, yum!

 
At 9:34 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Scoops is simply amazing. I love the chocolate Guiness flavor. I love that place so much I look forward to when my bike needs repairs so I can head over to the Bike Kitchen and have some Scoops while I wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery