Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Descanso Gardens

Darcy, Lori, Carla, Natalie, Brit and Mary Jo @ Descanso Gardens
On Sunday I travelled with my Knitgrllz to the beautiful Descanso Gardens in La Canada/Flintridge to celebrate the b-days of Darcy and Mary Jo. Before our garden tour, we had a great lunch at Joselito's in nearby downtown Montrose. Natalie was our garden tour guide. We saw lilacs, tulips, Japanese maples, daisies and a multitude of other gorgeous flowers and greens. Descanso is a pefect place to roam around on a gorgeous spring day.
We ended up at the Japanese Tea House Pavillion for b-day cookies and presents! Everyone was very creative in their gift-giving. I just love my crafty friends!!!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 2:13 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen,

Is the sweater that Mary Jo is wearing the one that you knit for her? If so, it turned out great! I love the yarn combo.

June
WLA

 
At 2:17 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi June!

Yes, that was the sweater I was working on when I saw you last! I finished it in 8 days! Of course, I used thick wool and size 10-1/2 needles, so it knit up quickly! Thanks for the compliments. I'm so glad that it fit Mary Jo.

 
At 10:53 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Great day and place for a birthday bash. You look fab in your spring chapeau!

 
At 11:18 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Good Times! Good food! Good friends! Good fun!

Perfect Day!

 
At 3:36 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Happy, Happy birthday wishes to the gurrels. The gardens are GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 4:33 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohh! I love Joselito's! They have the best coconut margaritas! mmmmm....yummy!

 
At 6:51 PM PDT, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

I am still smiling from so much goodness! Thanks so much for my awesome clutch and yes the first thing the fat cat did was try and claim it, bad kitty!
I also have to go back for the coconut marg. mmmmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery