Thursday, July 09, 2009

Calendar in L.A.

Lots of things to do and see in Los Angeles this weekend.
I'll be at the Original Farmers Market from 10 to noon this Saturday with my WeHo SnBr's. We meet in the upstairs dining area for stitchin' and bitchin'. We had a record Saturday turnout last month for Knit-in-Public Day. Hopefully, we can match the turnout this Saturday!
Lunch with friends after that and then I'll be heading out to Santa Monica for the Fairview Knitters group from 3:30 to 5:30. I do enjoy my second-Saturdays!
The Renegade Craft Fair is happening downtown on Saturday and Sunday...sounds interesting.
One of my musical heroes, Chip Taylor, is performing at McCabe's on Saturday night. Chip was a long-time writing partner of my radio mentor, Billy Vera. Chip's music just knocks me out!
Another knock-out performer, Exene, will be reading her poetry this Sunday at the Craft and Folk Art Museum on the Miracle Mile.
You can always hook up with a docent-led walking tour with the Los Angeles Conservancy or check out the free live music schedule at the Farmers Market. The F. Mkt. is celebrating is 75th anniversary this year....lots of activities are planned!
Maybe I'll run into you out and about in our beautiful City of the Angels this weekend!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:18 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

I have to be in the area to take my Poodles to the groomers. See you Saturday.

 
At 5:11 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa R-R said...

If you make it to the Exene show, please review it for your far-flung readers.
She was a big culture heroine of mine in years gone past. I still listen to those X records (and the Knitters of course!).
Lisa in Toronto

 
At 5:31 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

Hi Ellen,

Something special awaits someone special. Come see at my blog:
http://susanc-yarnnut.blogspot.com.

 
At 6:02 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Love the L.A. postcard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery