Monday, October 05, 2009

More About Taos


The second day of the Taos Wool Festival was way more relaxed than the first. On Saturday everyone was frenzied to get to all the booths and buy up the yarn they coveted. On Sunday, there were less people there, more socializing and actual knitting!
Larry and I went out to brunch at Michael's Kitchen....excellent! This is a down-home restaurant with really good and plentiful food.

Breakfast at Michael's
After brunch we toured a bit of the Taos Plaza and went to the Home of Kit Carson. The docent there was excellent and gave us a good idea of Kit's life in Taos.

Kit Carson

We got to the Festival at about 1pm, after a quick stop at Weaving Southwest for some bargain orangey wool.

Yarn Bargains @ Weaving Southwest

I stopped at the Plain and Fancy booth again and picked up some more of their incredible wool, hand-dyed from Henderson, Texas. I've looked for their website, but can't find anything. I LOVE this yarn. I've already started two projects with it!
I had a opportunity to really spend some time with the Ravelers at the Festival. I plunked myself down with Susan (former L.A. resident, now living in Taos), along with a few other Santa Fe ladies and some Taos locals for some quality knitting time.

Susan, Ellen and Anna
Thebes and Twilight in their prize-winning finery

We had so much fun just knitting and watching everyone walk around us at the Festival. There were some great samples of knitting and crochet circling the grounds.
Later that night we had a yummy dinner at Five Star Burgers. We did more sightseeing on Monday as we left Taos, but I'm just too tired to write about it now. We're in Grants, NM resting and relaxing before the next leg of our adventure.
I promise to take some pics of my faboo yarn purchases soon!

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:32 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

That's so cool that you saw Susan. She taught me how to tink at my first SnB and I am forever grateful.

Looks like you had an amazing time in Taos.

Grants...can't wait to hear more.

 
At 10:48 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Sunds like a perfect day- you look so happy sitting there knitting in the Taos sun.

 
At 10:52 PM PDT, Anonymous KnitsWithDogz (Laura in Taos) said...

Fabulous postings! You took all the pics I forgot to take. Never thought of how good Michael's Kitchen's breakfast looked; now I'm hungry. Great meeting you - hope to see you next year.

 
At 11:53 PM PDT, Anonymous Twilight said...

Good meeting you! Michael's breakfast is delicious. I like to order it for lunch myself.

That's a great pic of me and the hubby. Thanks!

 
At 11:25 AM PDT, Anonymous Susan Dilger said...

Oh, what a wonderful travelogue!!! And woolanthropy - how nice you remember me..... even if it's for learning how to tink!!!! haha Maybe you can make it to Taos for the wool festival sometime. You can't find a prettier time to be here!
Ellen - tell Larry, he did good with the pics!!! He had EXPLICIT instructions! :-) Wonderful to see you both!

 
At 5:32 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Looks like you had perfect weather and company. Yay. But that breakfast - that's to die for!! Esp. that perfect avocado!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery