Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Scenes from the Road

We crossed Arizona today and reached Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our long days of driving are finally over....until after the weekend.
Below are a few scenes from the road today.
When we got to Albuquerque, we were hot, tired and hungry. We checked into our hotel to clean up when I remembered that Mary-Heather lives here. I immediately Tweeted her and asked about some hip place to have dinner. She recommended the Flying Star Cafe downtown, close to our hotel. It was great! Thanks, M-H! See you in Taos!
Flying Star Cafe, Albuquerque, NM

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 11:00 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

I am loving Larry's new ride!

 
At 4:16 AM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Can you bring that Jackelope home as a yard ornament?
Keep the travel postcards coming--so wonderful!

 
At 4:50 AM PDT, Anonymous donna said...

I'm enjoying yur adventure. Sounds like you are having a great time!

 
At 7:58 AM PDT, Blogger Psychomom said...

Welcome to Albuquerque!

You are just in time for the Balloon Fiesta that starts bright and early Saturday morning, make sure you get up to watch. Hope you enjoy your stay and you will love Taos.

 
At 1:24 PM PDT, Anonymous Gwen said...

I grew up in Albuquerque! I highly, highly recommend you stop at the Frontier restaurant on Central Ave (old Rt. 66). I think you'll love it. It's an Albuquerque institution, and always my first stop when I'm visiting my mom. Recommended dishes: the famous cinnamon roll, breakfast burritos (with or without bacon), and the amazing homemade tortillas. And don't miss the John Wayne room.

Have a great trip!

 
At 7:51 PM PDT, Anonymous Oleandersales(cousin) said...

Wow looks like you two are having a blast allready. Great photos. keep it up.

 
At 7:11 AM PDT, Anonymous Mary-Heather said...

Yay, welcome to Albuquerque! :) I'm glad you liked the Flying Star - and I see that Gwen agrees: Frontier for breakfast burritos! It's a must!

See you tomorrow in beautiful Taos!

 
At 9:13 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

Eat a sopapilla for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery