Friday, January 29, 2010

Century City, LA - 1969

Vintage Photo Friday....Century City, Los Angeles...the early years!

Ellen, in the Century City Fountain on Avenue of the Stars,
Century City Apartments on Olympic Blvd. in background, 1969

I came across a few photos that I took, along with my good friend, Barbara, in Century City in 1969. They were what we called "art" shots. Century City was a relatively new place, built on the former backlot of 20th Century-Fox Studios. There were sculptural buildings, exotic fountains and lots of concrete!

New Construction, Century City, 1969, near Santa Monica Blvd.
Barbara, Century City, 1969
Century Plaza Hotel in Background
Ellen, Century City, 1969Another fountain, Century City, Avenue of the Stars, 1969

Barbara, on the low-slung, curved roof of the Century House Restaurant,

Century City, 1969

I've been looking for an architectural photo of the Century House. I can't find any record of it. It is heavily chronicled in the movie, "A Guide for the Married Man" in 1967. There are many scenes taken in and around the Beverly Hills and Century City area in this movie.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:41 PM PST, Anonymous Ricky FRy said...

FANATASTIC shots. And they're going to tear all that down, right?

 
At 12:44 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Rick,
No...they're only talking about tearing down the Century Plaza Hotel...not ALL of Century City. The mall has been heavily modified, of course.

 
At 12:50 PM PST, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Ellen, these pictures are not only great, they're historical! I'm going to direct some of my friends to your site - they grew up around there and will love it!!

 
At 3:04 PM PST, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I love teenage Ellen photos! Well, I love current-age Ellen too, but you know what I mean.

 
At 5:14 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I remember 1969! It was my senior year in high school. Those were the good old days for sure!

 
At 5:37 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

LOVE your art shots!

 
At 6:07 AM PST, Blogger Jean said...

The photos are fun ( I seem to use this word alot with your blog). I love your posts, they are so creative.

 
At 5:48 PM PDT, Anonymous fredde said...

fantastic!!!! totally the way I remember you from school!!!!! how great to see these, just got off the phone with my youngest Barnaby who said that's where he is at this moment, Century City

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery