Thursday, May 06, 2010

Ready for the Closeup?

Madeline Tosh "Oceana," Superwash Merino Wool

I learned quite a bit about photographing yarn and yarny objects at the photo workshop on Tuesday. We also received training on how to edit the look of our photos, adding captions and more.
I could not leave the Loop & Leaf Yarn Shop in Santa Barbara without purchasing some souvenir yarn.

Everyone knows that I have an abundance of yarn at my house. I do not NEED anymore yarn. HOWEVER, I could not resist the softness of this Madeline Tosh, superwash merino wool, worsted weight yarn. I usually purchase yarns in the red, orange tones. I've been trying to add some dash to my stash with some contrasting colors. I think this gorgeous aqua yarn does the trick!
See you tonight at the WeHo SnB, Original Farmers Market!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 4:09 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Now that I look at the above pic, I see that it's a bit out of focus. Uh...wait a minute...I PLANNED it that way!!!

 
At 4:27 PM PDT, Anonymous Lauren said...

Well done with the choice of blue! I love it! I'd have brought it home as well.

 
At 6:46 PM PDT, Blogger Lynda said...

Love the picture. Can't wait to see more.

 
At 5:33 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Ha ha! I'm also trying to break up our usual tones and add some contrast to my stash. So far, I've moved over to aqua/turquoise. Great minds. :)

 
At 6:34 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would think that you and Larry would set up an old age home in your back yard for a couple of senior citizen sheep. I mean feed them, care for them, give them a nice burial at the end. Kinda a thank you for all they have given you. So many sheep are neglected after a lifetime of give to yarn shops all over the world.

 
At 11:30 AM PDT, Anonymous Twilight said...

Such a pretty blue. I've been trying to spruce up my stash with different colors as well. I tend to buy in the purple, blue, green, brown colorways.

 
At 4:07 PM PDT, Anonymous OneDay said...

Gorgeous color! Hope you post what you make with it :-).

 
At 1:30 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Gorgeous yarn! The only way it could have been better is if it were named "Oceana 815"! Oops. Oceanic. Never mind...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery