Friday, September 03, 2010

Vintage Photo Friday

Poolside, 1955 (unknown family)

It's almost here...Labor Day...a day to honor our work force by NOT working. Sounds good to me! I found the above photo on the internet somewhere...it's origin was unidentified. It looks like they're really having a fun time though, cramming into the kiddie pool on a very hot day. Their backyard looks to be part of some sort of field...maybe a farm in the mid-west, or even in rural California.
Lately, Labor Day signifies the end of summer...our last chance to relax a bit before the school year, fall and winter begin. Here in Southern California, our summer weather is just beginning. We had a very cool summer this year...only a few really hot days. I think we're in for some sizzling weather in the next few months.
Hope you have a marvelous time relaxing this weekend. I'll be actively NOT working the entire time. Do you have any specific plans?

"Summer Evening on the Deck" from Ashtree Cottage

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

I came accross your blog trying to do family geneology. I am trying to find out if your grandfather was Sam Katz? My grandfather was Max Katz brother of Sam, and I am trying to find some information on the Katz family. If we are related, I would like to connect with you. My email is jak5178@hotmail.com. Thanks
Jason Katz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery